Whether you are tired of being a Landlord or tired of the tenants don’t wait until the IRS comes knocking to collect the capital gains taxes after the sale of an investment property.  The IRS Section 1031, allow for a tax deferral when you exchange investment property for investment property.  Sellers get confused about investment for investment.  This doesn’t have to be an apartment for an apartment, it can be a commercial building for land held for investment.  To find out more please give me a call and I am happy to share more information.  Planning for an exchange is the best way to defer the capital gains taxes.